The Town of Mooresville has projects either in the study, planning, and design phases or actively under construction in each of the program areas listed below. Select the links to the program areas to learn more about the status of the projects.
| Mill Village Sidewalk & Utilities (2014 GO Bond)
- Construction in phases, which began in 2017.
- New sidewalk, curb & gutter to promote pedestrian walkability and also connectivity to the Downtown area.
- The estimated cost is approximately $3,242,675 for the new sidewalk, curb & gutter in both phases.
- Replace aging or undersized water and sewer lines.
- Estimated Utility Fund Cost: $3,855,000 for both phases.
- Total Bonded Cost: $2,504,804
- Design plans have been completed for Phase II, and the cost estimate is approximately $4 million. Staff will be bidding on this project in the Fall of 2021 with the hopes of construction beginning in the Spring of 2022.
- Mill Village Concept Plan
|Mooresville School Network Sidewalk (2014 GO Bond)
- New Sidewalk connecting Mooresville Middle School and Kistler Farm Road communities with Bellingham Park and Fieldstone/Magnolia Sidewalk Network.
- Status: The design phase is complete, and construction is to begin on March 2, 2020. Milling and paving are complete on White Oaks, Bellingham, and Whispering Oaks and Briarcliff Road have reopened as of November 20, 2020.
- Estimated Cost: $5,220,396.50
- Committed CMAQ Funding: $3,551,996
- Total Bonded Cost: $1,668,400.50
- Mooresville School Network Sidewalk Concept Plan
|NC 115/Faith Road Intersection Improvements (2014 GO Bond)
- Realignment of existing intersection for improved traffic flow along with new left-turn lanes on all legs of the intersection.
- The project was released for bidding on March 15, and bids are due back on April 14. The project should relaunch in June 2022.
- Estimated Construction Cost: $1,566,231.55
- Committed CMAQ Funding: $1,883,625
- Total Bonded Cost: $1,194,631
- NC 115/Faith Road Concept Plan
|West Wilson Avenue Improvements
- Status: Construction for this project is expected to begin the week of May 10.
- Improvements are from Glynwater Drive to Broad Street, including a new curb, storm drainage, and a concrete pedestrian path along West Wilson Avenue. The pedestrian pathway will start at Glynwater Drive at 10 feet wide, transition to eight-foot-wide at Hillside Drive, and down to a five-foot-wide sidewalk at Academy Street. It will also include two bridges that will assist users over the creek.
- Two traffic signals will be added to the project, one at West Wilson and Lowrance Avenues, and the other at West Wilson Avenue and Academy Street.
- Estimated cost: $4.62 million
| Dye Creek Greenway
- Status: Project was awarded $3,022,432 in Supplemental Discretionary Funds from CRTPO. Design plans and permitting are complete, but plans will require additional review due to federal funding. Construction has been delayed by NCDOT budget issues.
- New greenway from Bellingham Park to Johnson Dairy Road.
- Estimated cost: $3,500,000
| East-West Connector (Phase I)
- New roadway connecting Langtree Road to N.C. 115, including realignment of existing Transco Road and new rail crossing at N.C. 115.
- Four-lane with divided median and multi-use paths.
- Preliminary Engineering is in progress, with the right-of-way scheduled to complete in 2021-2022.
- Construction is scheduled to begin in mid-2022 and be completed in winter 2024.
- Estimated cost: $21,731,000.