Illicit Discharge and Construction Site Runoff

Illicit discharges include a substance (liquid, solid, or gas) that is not made up entirely of stormwater. The only exception is the allowable non-stormwater discharges listed in the Town's ordinance.

Examples of illicit discharges are:
  • Oil
  • Anti-Freeze
  • Chemicals
  • Animal Waste
  • Paints
  • Garbage & Litter

To report an illicit discharge or instance of illegal dumping, please contact the Stormwater Program Specialist at 704-799-4195.

The construction site runoff control program is meant to reduce pollutants in stormwater runoff from construction activities. The Town's stormwater permit requires construction site operators to control waste such as discarded building materials, concrete truck washout, chemicals, litter, and sanitary waste at the construction site that may cause adverse impacts on water quality.

The Town relies on the NCDEQ Division of Energy, Mineral and Land Resources Erosion and Sediment Control to comply with this minimum control measure, as managed through Iredell County Erosion Control.

Concerns about sediment or mud? Contact Iredell County or call 1-866-STOPMUD