Reconsideration of Library Materials
Any resident of the Mooresville Public Library service area may request that an item in the library’s collections be reviewed for appropriateness. A title will be reviewed only once within five years unless the content has undergone significant revisions.
The procedure for reconsideration of material is as follows:
- The patron seeking reconsideration of material will receive a copy of the Mooresville Public Library Collection Development Guidelines and a Request for Reconsideration of Library Materials form. These are available online and at all public service desks.
- The patron may submit the Request for Reconsideration of Material form at any public service desk or fill the form below.
- The form will then be given to the appropriate selector, who will assemble a committee consisting of five members of one selector from each area of the library and a member of the Friends of the Mooresville Public Library to review and research the request.
- The committee will have 30 days to decide on the material, present it to the Library Director, and send a letter letting the patron know the results of the committee’s decision.
- A letter indicating the library’s decision will be mailed to the patron within 30 days of the original request.
- If the patron is not satisfied with the library’s decision, they may file a written notice of appeal within 30 days to the Library Director.