The Library sponsors several adult book clubs that meet monthly. Selections include fiction and nonfiction. The Library also maintains sets of books for other book clubs in the community to use. If interested in either opportunity please submit a request to Ask a Librarian.
The Library provides desktop computers for public use with a library card or guest pass. Free WiFi is available for anyone with their own device. All users will acknowledge an internet use agreement.
Fax, Copiers, printing
Faxing is available at the Circulation Desk. Charges: $2 for 1-10 single side pages, each additional page $0.25 each single side page.
Copiers and printers are available for public use near the computers. Charges: $0.10 per page. The Coin and Bill accepts coins and bills from $0.05 to $5.
GENEALOGY AND LOCAL HISTORY
The Local History and Archives division maintains a collection of genealogical and local history material for use by researchers. Currently, the physical collection is only available by appointment but many documents are available to view online. Visit Local History and Archives to access the catalog or Contact Us for assistance.
Library users may request items owned by the Library be reserved for pick-up. Requests are accepted by phone, the online catalog or the Library App. Patrons will be notified when their holds are available. Library staff require a 24-hour notice to pull items for patrons.
West Side Lockers (Suspended until further notice)
Library material pick-up/drop off is available at the Lowes YMCA, 170 Joe Knox Ave. Lockers are serviced Monday through Friday except for holiday closures.
- To place your holds online for pick-up at West Side lockers:
- Go to online catalog and login using your library card and PIN number.
- Select an item to request and click on “Place Hold”.
- Choose “Mooresville Public Library-West Side Lockers” as your pick-up location and “Place Hold”.
- To place your hold by phone ask that the hold be sent to the West Side Locker.
- To pick up items:
- You will receive notification when your items are available for pickup.
- At the smart locker, scan your library card or enter your library card number, follow the prompts on the screen. When your locker opens, your items are automatically checked out to you
- To return items:
A drop box is located next to the lockers. If full, please do not force items inside or leave outside.
Allows patrons to request older items not owned or items that do not fit the scope of the Mooresville Public Library collection guideline To request an item from other library please use this form Request an item.
Patrons may request that items be considered for purchase if available through Library vendors. Suggestions for purchase should be completed using a Purchase Request Form in person or online. Purchases will be consistent with the collection development guidelines.
Study rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis for a two-hour period.
- Test proctoring is available for patrons who make arrangements at least 48 hours in advance.
- There is a $10 proctoring fee per exam.
- If you have more than 3 exams per class you will only pay a maximum of $30 per class per semester.
- The proctoring fee will go onto your library account as a test proctoring fee on or near the day of your exam, please pay at the circulation desk prior to your exam. If you need a library card because you are not a resident of Iredell County, you will be able to pay the fee ($20) at that time as well.
- To schedule an exam use the online application.